Everyone has seen those super ugly orange pumpkins at Dollar Tree and most all of us have upcycled them for Halloween - see some of ours HERE.
I decided to make them look a little more elegant with a shabby chic flair!
They were so easy and most of us probably have a few laying around the house that could use a make-over.
Here's what you need -
1. Cut the stem off the pumpkin with a craft knife.
The pumpkin got photo bombed by our kitty Jasmine!
2. Tear 3 strips of fabric - each 3" to 4" wide
3. Gather the fabric and secure with a straight pin to the top.
3. Continue winding the fabric around the pumpkin twisting if necessary and securing with pins.
Until you end up with all 3 strips pinned to the pumpkin and it looks like this -
4. Form a cone with the burlap ribbon like so - and cut as shown.
5. Open up the cone and reform with the finished edge on the outside and glue the edge down with hot glue.
6. Trim the edges as needed and tuck into the cone.
7. Cut 2 - 5-6" pieces of the wire edge off the ribbon.
7. Twirl to make the curly vines.
8. Hot glue the stem and vines to the top of the pumpkin and add leaves as desired.
And you will end up with these beautiful fall pumpkins!
I made one out of a lightweight beige sheet weight material and the other out of nubby muslin. They are both such beautiful additions to our fall decor.
Happy Fall Y'all !!!
We're on the Fence! Won't you take a minute and vote for us?