I love soup. I really, really do. It's no secret in my family. If I could, I'd eat soup every day. No lie. Well, since we've been maintaining the Whole 30 lifestyle, it's been more difficult to have it. Mostly because soups usually call for rice or noodles. So, I did a bit of research and found some recipes that had extra vegis to compensate for the lack of carbs and came up with a new staple recipe.
1 lb Chicken Thighs
1 lb Chicken Tenderloin
6 Large Carrots, peeled & diced
1 Medium Onion, diced
1 1/2 Cups Celery, sliced
1 Rutabaga, peeled & sliced into 1 inch wide pieces
2 Zucchini, spiralized
2 Tbls Coconut Oil
1 Tbls Tapioca Flour
1 Carton All Natural Chicken Stock
Add Water as Needed
1 Tsp Sage
1 Tsp Thyme
1/2 Tsp Poultry Seasoning
1/2 Tsp Ginger
1/4 Tsp Rosemary
S&P to Taste
1. Thaw chicken and prep vegetables as described above.
2. In a large stock pot, add coconut oil over medium high heat until melted. Add carrots, celery, and onion to pot. Saute until onions are translucent.
3. Add tapioca flour and saute until mixed well.
4. Pour in chicken stock, and add rutabaga and seasonings to the pot.
5. Add water as needed.
6. Cover soup and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
7. Use tongs to pull out chicken. Cut as desired (I like mine in big chunks) and add back to the pot.
8. Throw in spiralized zucchini and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
9. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Try it out in your own kitchen, and let us know how you like it!