That being said, I thought we would share a post from last year for Valentine's Day. We originally found these Adorable Valentine Owls by Happy Clippings Our version is slightly different since my heart punch was a little smaller than the ones they used and mine are a little goofier - kinda like me!
I apologize in advance for the poor picture quality. Since I'm always at work during daylight hours it is just really hard to get a good picture!
These are so simple to make and would be a great Valentine craft for kids to make.
Here's the list of supplies you need -
1. Toilet Paper Rolls
2. Scrapbook Paper - Patterned, Red Solid, White, Orange - I used my scrap stash
3. Ribbon or String for the hanger
4. Googly eyes
5. Heart Punch
6. Spray Glue
7. Glue Gun
8. Small Heart Stickers
1. Cut your paper about 1/4 inch larger than your TP Roll.
2. Cover back side in spray glue and adhere to TP Roll.
3. Cut length of string for the hanger. I tied a knot in one end and inserted it into the roll before you make the ears. The knot will be captured inside so there won't be any need for glue.
4. Press down on the top of the roll on one side and then the other to form the ears.
5. Cut a small triangle from orange paper for the nose and glue it on to the owl.
6. The eyes are 2 small circles on top of two larger ones with the googly eye in the middle. I used punches, but you could easily cut these by hand.
7. The wings are heart punches - 2 on each side
8. Add a tiny heart sticker and you're done!
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”― Mother Teresa
Hope you are having a wonderful week!
We're on the Fence! Won't you take a minute and vote for us?