I have to say that I am the worst photographer ever! The light in my living room is just the worst for getting good photos, it is just too dim and the transom windows make the worst glare ever!!! One of these days I'm going to invest in some good soft lights, but until then, I guess I'll just keep trying!
This St. Patrick's day is also my sweet son's (and Leigh's brother's) 30th birthday! So we decided to decorate the mantel in his honor...and just 'cause we like decorating.
Here are the supplies you need for the banner -
- 3-12x12 sheets of dark green cardstock
- 7 book pages
- Green ink to highlight the edges of the book pages
- 1-12x12 sheet of lighter green cardstock
- 1-12x12 sheet of glitter green cardstock (got mine at Wal-Mart)
- Green striped paper straws
- White cotton cord
Very quick to make -
- Freehand the banner shape on the dark green cardstock. I needed 7 to fit my mantel.
- Cut the book pages slightly smaller than the dark green shapes.
- Highlight the edges of the book pages with green ink and adhere to the dark green shape.
- Cut or punch 3 light green hearts and 3 glitter green hearts for each banner section. Cut 4 for the Lucky Four Leaf Clover in the middle of the banner.
- Crease each heart down the middle and affix to the banner sections. Glue the glitter heart to the lighter heart then adhere to the banner. I used my hot glue gun for the hearts.
- Cut the paper straws in sections slightly smaller than the book page and glue to the page with hot glue.
- String your banner pieces on to the white yarn and you are done!
I think we are ready for St. Patrick's day now. How about you? Are you decorating for the holiday? I would love to see your decorations, so please leave me a link.
Wishing you all a wonderful and warm first week of March!
We're on the Fence! Won't you take a minute and vote for us?